[messaging] Key Poems

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Sat Mar 1 01:09:11 PST 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 4:09 AM, Michael Rogers <michael at briarproject.org>wrote:

> A few years ago I played around with encoding arbitrary random
> bitstrings as pseudo-random words, phrases, and even poems. Here's an
> example of 128 bits encoded as a poem:
>
> your insect sings after our cloth
> my able brain rests by this sticky horse smoothly
> her bulb finds our hate tightly
>
> I've thrown the code up on GitHub just now:
> https://github.com/akwizgran/basic-english

I like those poems - the short sentences seem to fit in the mind easily.

It often encodes a bunch of extra data to complete the last sentence, could
you could shorten or truncate that?

Below are examples for comparison (poems vs pseudowords vs word-strings).

~128 bits as:
Poems - https://github.com/akwizgran/basic-english
Base32 pseudowords, score=18 - https://github.com/trevp/keyname
Word strings from Basic English - https://github.com/trevp/keyname

---

my flower takes that office
my dark needle finds her tall bell quickly towards her wrong list
our clock has that shut kiss

djijeh - isoy - dacif - qipc - buyowa

bridge - late - sister - plane - brush - error - cup - soup - organization
- great - quality - offer - dead

your white collar runs coldly upon this general stamp
this secret debt writes to that degree among that good moon

hayiva - ejuk - uogad - zosu - oyotxa

quite - hair - impulse - young - seat - true - order - hole - property -
left - stone - steam - wall

your simple purpose decides sourly
his root prepares
this bad stem pulls the bath lazily
his mouth cries

agowg6 - okav - ecewu - oxeh - ademun

well - old - nation - grip - silk - umbrella - family - laugh - dependent -
knee - fowl - bee - rod

her dead door prefers the canvas after that lock
his group turns the letter bitterly above our cheap self

rinuwa - mevo - fisuc - xive - me5toq

society - of - receipt - still - chief - girl - cart - though - ear - pipe
- instrument - a - arch

her crush walks angrily
the young vessel has his sticky nail across my first limit
our silk throws our solid test at this cold current

gectuf - cedi - riqe4 - osaw - xigaru

discovery - cheap - wire - seat - chain - committee - pig - jump - sharp -
pipe - teaching - lock - long

her sticky bulb fills
the simple circle rests over this pot
your coal comes commonly
my cough continues this sleep near this light

reczah - uqop - isooy - enix - zudunu

leather - color - other - cause - hole - farm - berry - note - medical -
discovery - guide - waste - lip

your request becomes at his foot
his pretty dust puts that natural prison towards my lead
his ready mark plays feebly

cgisew - aseb - kmuwu - udem - gahiye

rest - cheese - parcel - have - manager - bucket - beautiful - pin - on -
quick - stocking - leather - black

the wire repeats after his number
the stone forgives below his station
her bitter bone laughs
my wool sells kindly

quruer - ofiy - kulae - zibo - salewi

over - after - stem - frame - regular - while - wool - sheep - night -
reward - straight - low - condition