[messaging] Let's run a usability study (was Useability of public-key fingerprints)

Ximin Luo infinity0 at pwned.gg
Thu Mar 6 09:18:38 PST 2014

(Recent versions of) TextSecure differ from many other products, in that there is no way to *remember* which contacts you have verified. Moxie thinks this is a usability improvement, but I think it's a security hole.

I don't know of any product that does this. Even SSH remembers which non-verified keys you have implicitly allowed.

I'm not saying it will completely invalidate a study, but it will definitely affect things from a user's POV. So, keep it in mind when doing a usability study using TextSecure.

--
GPG: 4096R/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
git://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git