[messaging] Modern anti-spam and E2E crypto

Brendan McMillion brendanmcmillion at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 21:56:00 PDT 2014

You can post the index and the encrypted corpus on your Twitter, if you
please.  It doesn't matter.

For touch or acoustic cryptanalysis, there's likely no well-developed
defense.

The strongest definition of security is CKA2 (adaptive security against
chosen-keyword attacks), meaning the server can't learn anything about the
queries or the corpus by observing any number of queries except what it's
explicitly allowed to learn (to serve its purpose).  Meaning, if an
attacker got control of the server, the worst they'd be able to do would be
provide less-than-quality service.