[messaging] distributed social graph, was: collaborative random number generation

carlo von lynX lynX at i.know.you.are.psyced.org
Thu Jan 28 14:48:28 PST 2016

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 11:02:56AM -0800, Trevor Perrin wrote:
> OK, so we're agreed GNS leaks social graph information to anyone who
> knows your public key and can guess a bunch of "petnames".

Actually, even less no, because I just realized there are private
GNS zones that make graph information available only to those who
are meant to have it. Enumeration therefore only works for those
who are given the information anyway.

Probably it's all in the papers and talks and we didn't pay
enough attention.