[messaging] encryption of Signal notification messages

David R. Andersen k0rx at RXcomm.net
Mon Feb 22 18:05:05 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 02:11:12PM -0800, Tony Arcieri wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Chris Johnson <captain.slim at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I'm sure this was all hashed out when the change to Signal notifications
>> was made, but I'm not a big fan of showing the name or the message in
>> notifications.
>
>If the recipient can decrypt and authenticate your messages, you cannot
>have any guarantees around this.

Actually you do - this is where the deniability inherent in Axolotl plays
a role. The recipient can authenticate the message, but no one else can.
>From anyone else's perspective the message is just as likely fake as
real.

--
int x=90560580,y=32678;main(){putchar(x);x>>=y&7;y>>=3;return y?main():0;}
Contact info: https://k0rx.com/contact/

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?