[messaging] encryption of Signal notification messages

David R. Andersen k0rx at RXcomm.net
Mon Feb 22 19:02:37 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 06:11:18PM -0800, Tony Arcieri wrote:
>> Actually you do - this is where the deniability inherent in Axolotl plays
>> a role. The recipient can authenticate the message, but no one else can.
>> From anyone else's perspective the message is just as likely fake as
>> real.
>
>You missed the point: the intended use case was "If the recipient can
>decrypt and authenticate your messages"

No - that was my point exactly. Even when the recipient decrypts and
authenticates the message and publishes it widely on his notification bar
or web page or whereever, nobody else knows whether or not it came
from you.

--
int x=90560580,y=32678;main(){putchar(x);x>>=y&7;y>>=3;return y?main():0;}
Contact info: https://k0rx.com/contact/

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

-----BEGIN RANDOM OR NOT?-----

1D3kA6Y+4RdygYkXtpNunCyhiIWxA53HlL0vEyuTq/JBUUWqfoWPKbT/710l+jdi
cCF3uPGYCNQ9qlPuEHaNRVtjFCxLhR/SUPG/jkvP8n1/0QzGTC9MOybGALF4WIDc
2PGMLYwl/UMpdZ5CfyaGGO0uhTgTF8MAgFsPcaMZl8L9u6HWSOlcSzc4e5FApZUW
-----END RANDOM OR NOT?-----