[messaging] Signal Protocol Documentation

Jeremy Cahill self at jeremycahill.com
Sun Oct 9 12:12:34 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-07 15:35, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Oct 5, 2016 8:55 PM, "Trevor Perrin" <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:
>> If you're asking about copyright on the document text, we're still
>> thinking about the best way to handle that.
>
> Seems like a lot of crypto folks just roll with public domain / CC0?

CC would likely maximize signal-to-noise down the line, all things being
equal (e.g. CC BY-SA vs. GFDL).

Rationale: devs and researchers won't care (much) about the particular
documentation license, but CC is the only ubiquitous open-licensing
route further downstream from programmers.

Hurdle reduction for those who might discuss Signal, e2e, privacy in
extended contexts (activism, edutainment, etc.).