[messaging] Ronion anonymous routing protocol framework

Jeff Burdges burdges at gnunet.org
Thu Oct 12 08:28:26 PDT 2017

You could maybe do this for Tor knockoffs, but not for anonymity systems
more generally.  And actually nobody but I2P does Tor "knockoffs"
anyways.

On Tue, 2017-10-10 at 14:18 +0300, Nazar Mokrynskyi wrote:
> * choose your crypto (like Noise IK for end-to-end encryption and some
> stream cipher for onion-like non-authenticated layered encryption)

You cannot use a stream cipher for onion encryption in most mix networks
designs, only a wide-block cipher like AEZ, Lioness (too slow), or most
likely the up-coming HHFHFHFH.

Jeff