[messaging] sign(y) for Elligator2_p2r from X25519 u-points

Mike Hamburg mike at shiftleft.org
Wed Mar 14 09:59:26 PDT 2018

Hello Van Gegel,

You must select sign(v), the sign of the square root, and bit 255 all at random, and the point can’t be confined to a subgroup of curve25519.

But also, this is for a PAKE right?  I thought you were implementing a two-point EKE to avoid Elligator.  If you’re implementing Elligator, why not use SPEKE, where you would only need the forward direction?

— Mike

Sent from my phone.  Please excuse brevity and typos.