[messaging] Two-party consensual file access

Max Skibinsky max at skibinsky.com
Thu Mar 28 20:28:41 PDT 2019

As Ben mentioned, who encrypts the file is crucial differentiator. Either
you can accept one party knows contents of the file beforehand, or you need
to solve quite different challenge first — how file content is created in
the encrypted form without either party ever having full plaintext.

If it is acceptable that one party does encryption as the first step, then
indeed *n/n* Shamir schema is the way to go. We did a lot of thinking how
an application for Shamir split/storage/restore of high-value files should
work, you can take a look at our whitepaper
<https://vault12.com/technology/> , section 4 outlines some practical
storage scenarios.

- Max
blog <http://skibinsky.com> | linkedin <http://bit.ly/max-li>