[noise] Spec update - plans for Feb
scratch.net at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:26:27 PST 2017
I could start doing NoiseSocket spec based on your proposal, I'm going to need it in a near future
From: Noise [mailto:noise-bounces at moderncrypto.org] On Behalf Of Trevor Perrin
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2017 4:12 AM
To: noise <noise at moderncrypto.org>
Subject: [noise] Spec update - plans for Feb
I'd like to roll some recent ideas into a spec update, seems like these should be doable in February:
(1) Allow "strict" DH functions which return an error for invalid public keys (secp256k1, P256, etc)
(2) Require strict DH functions to specify an explicit null value which can be used for dummy public keys (same URL above).
(3) Specify "extra key derivation" from the key k.
(4) Modify pattern language for fallback patterns so the roles aren't reversed.
(5) Maybe move the security properties / identity hiding sections to an appendix, since they're not that readable?
Anything else? It would be great to have a NoiseSocket spec as well, but that should be a separate doc, anyone want to try writing it?
I'm also hoping we'll see a better post-quantum lattice proposal soon, which should unblock some of the work on hybrid forward secrecy.
Noise mailing list
Noise at moderncrypto.org
More information about the Noise