[noise] Some questions from a new user
Paul F Fraser
paulf at a2zliving.com
Wed Jun 28 16:51:40 PDT 2017
I have been following this mail list for some time and am now ready to attempt to incorporate Noise
into my network code.
Brief explanation of my network-
* Every node on the network has status data about every other node on the network including the
public key. ( like blockchain, but not blockchain hashes etc.)
* Users communicate with their node using mobile browser.
From my limited understanding of Noise at this time my approach might be to use between nodes -
* the Noise_KK pattern as public keys are already known.
* use h, the handshake hash as PSK to remove the need for a handshake on resumption of a connection.
A problem I am facing is the communication between a users mobile and their node.
* SSL would be the obvious choice for this but would require an X509 certificate (lets encrypt)
tied to an Ip Address rather than domain name.
* X509 certificates tied to Ip Addresses seem to be a problem.
There has been quite a bit of discussion on this list about Noise and TLS.
My question in this case-
* is there any way currently available to use other than an X509 certificate to secure the link
between a mobile browser and in my case a jetty server?
* preferably using Noise.
Finally, thanks to all the contributors to this technology, especially in my case, to Rhys for the
-being fellow Australians, I can call him by his first name :-)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Noise