[noise] Transport protocol spec finalizing

Alexey Ermishkin scratch.net at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 01:11:53 PDT 2017

Yes, that's seems legit.

However I'd like to talk about the term "server_version != client_version"

If we use negotiation_data, we might put all necessary info into it and use version as, well, version.

For example if we wanted to support a broader range of available options, suggested by NoiseC,
https://github.com/rweather/noise-c/blob/master/include/noise/protocol/constants.h
we would have to put 5 or 6 enums into 4 byte version and I guess the number will only increase over time.

So, would it be more correct to say that the way server is able to switch to another protocol is not only by changing version but also by supplying an additional negotiation_data without having to change the version?