[noise] JavaScript (WebAssembly) port of noise-c implementation

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Thu Sep 7 23:02:52 PDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Nazar Mokrynskyi <nazar at mokrynskyi.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Recently I was looking for crypto protocol for upcoming project and found
> Noise, which seemed to fit in my use case, but didn't have existing
> JavaScript implementation.
>
> So I took noise-c, compiled it with Emscripten to WebAssembly and wrote an
> OOP wrapper around it almost identically to specification.
>
> Since I'm not a crypto expert and not familiar with Noise in real-world
> applications, it would be nice to get some feedback and review from wider
> community.
>
> The project itself: https://github.com/nazar-pc/noise-c.wasm

Hi Nazar,

Sweet!  I added it to the wiki:

https://github.com/noiseprotocol/noise_wiki/wiki

In the past we've kept new libraries there for awhile, then eventually
linked them from main website once we build up a bit of confidence in them.

I have no experience with WebAssembly, but it seems like a great idea (and
a better approach to Javascript crypto than WebCrypto, IMO).

It would be interesting to see performance comparison between Noise-C
compiled natively versus WebAssembly, if you or anyone wanted to run
benchmarks.