[noise] Revision 33 draft
trevp at trevp.net
Fri Sep 22 19:10:30 PDT 2017
I created a draft of revision 33 with clarifications we've discussed. No
substantive changes, but there are new rules for names which will be
important in future.
If I get some feedback we can hopefully publish by end of month, then
quickly follow it with a revision 34 that reorganizes a bit for readability
(in particular: move tables to an appendix).
* Rewrote the section on protocol names and modifiers based on list
- pattern modifiers as "BASEmod1+mod2+mod3", alphabetical if order
- multiple crypto algorithms as "alg1+alg2+alg3"
- crypto algorithm names alphanumeric plus "/" (e.g. "SHA3/256").
(I also started a Wiki page with names for experimental crypto algorithms,
to help experimenters:
* Added "out-of-order" transport messages as an advanced feature, and
added CipherState.SetNonce(nonce) so it's explicit that things like
WireGuard are supported, and that re-implementations of CipherState should
support nonce-based AEAD.
* Added "half-duplex protocols" as advanced feature (reusing a single
CipherState for both transport directions).
* Clarified error-handling in ReadMessage() and WriteMessage().
* Added a discussion of authenticating static public keys to Security
* Fixed a few typos.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Noise