[noise] Spec revision 33
trevp at trevp.net
Wed Oct 4 12:43:31 PDT 2017
Revision 33 is published at:
This is a boring, "housecleaning" revision. No substantive changes except
precisely defining the naming scheme, which would only affect you if you're
using nonstandardized algorithms with disallowed special characters in the
- Defined allowed characters and formats for naming patterns, modifiers,
and crypto algorithms.
- Added discussion of "half-duplex protocols" and "out-of-order transport
messages" as advanced usages.
- Added SymmetricState.GetHandshakeHash() for channel-binding, to clarify
the API for future re-implementations of SymmetricState (e.g. Disco/Strobe
- Added SymmetricState.SetNonce() for out-of-order case, to clarify the
API for future re-implementations of SymmetricState.
- Added Security Consideration about authenticating public keys.
- Clarified that ephemerals can only be generated and sent once per
- Clarified the definition of the "fallback" modifier.
- Misc typo fixes and wording tweaks.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Noise