[noise] What is the sexiest use cases for Noise?

Alexey Ermishkin scratch.net at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 22:03:14 PST 2017

Hey, David!
During my talk I mentioned following benefits for NoiseSocket:
1) This is the only general purpose transport protocol allowing secure connection using raw  public keys without certificates (btw am I right?)
2) Small code size (we did 18 kb for Arduino)
3) Ability to use any algorithms you like (25519 / Russian/Chineese/etc crypto)
4) It's a natural protocol for all p2p projects. In fact, there's often no even need for signatures as often node IDs are public keys themselves
5) It's SO SIMPLE compared to TLS. It's internal state machine (CipherState) works a bit like BlockChain where all outputs depend on previous outputs
6) Easy to replace TLS with Noise in Go, just 3-5 lines of code