[noise] Python and Javascript libraries

Piotr Lizończyk piotr.lizonczyk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 03:32:16 PST 2017

Quick update about Python library - I won't be adding support for Python
2.7. I've ran into tons of issues while trying to do so, mostly related to
differences in handling strings/bytes between Python 2 and 3 - resolution
of which was far from trivial and elegant, plus couple more smaller
problems. The decision is supported by the fact, that Python 2.7 won't be
supported past 2020 and many of the biggest projects/libraries have already
ceased to support Python 2 (e.g. Django) or are planning to do so (e.g.
NumPy) in the following two years.
I'll move my efforts from that task to implementing NoiseSocket now.
I'll soon post a note about this in library's readme.

Kind regards,
Piotr