[noise] non replayable XK/KK?

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Thu Feb 1 00:53:22 PST 2018

On 31 January 2018 at 16:37, Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 11:37 PM, Justin Cormack
> So we could try to use 2-letter "base names" for different
> arrangements of our base tokens, and only use modifiers for things
> that leave this order of tokens unchanged (in other words, use
> modifiers for additions or substitutions of tokens, rather than
> "motion").

This seems sane.

> For the second case, we'd have to add eight new patterns.  This isn't
> quite as clean, making it less clear whether we should be handling all
> this with new base patterns, or with modifiers ("deferes",
> "deferse"?).  Maybe I still lean towards base patterns, but I'm not as
> sure as I was earlier in the email...

I think adding base patterns for these is fine. I would change the way
the spec discusses it a little, first cover the "standard" patterns, without
D, I, P and explain these. Then follow on with the D, I, P, explaining the
reasons why you may need these. This way there isnt one long list of
patterns up front.

I am going to look at writing a static code generator from the patterns.

Justin