[noise] Ciphertext-indistinguishability from random noise with Poly1305?

Marian Beermann public at enkore.de
Thu Feb 8 06:25:03 PST 2018

Hi Keziah,

sounds about right.

Note that "ciphertext-indistinguishability from random noise" is
unrelated to the security notions of IND-CPA or IND-CCA2:

Since the authenticator is calculated from the ciphertext (and uses part
of the keystream as its key), it cannot compromise above properties: the
authenticator has access to essentially the same data as the attacker in
the above models (sans one-time key).

-Marian