[noise] Noise Explorer: Generate Software Implementations

dawuud dawuud at riseup.net
Wed Jan 30 18:00:34 PST 2019

Hi Nadim,

When do you plan to make a rust code generator?
Do you have plans to add support for hybrid forward secrecy Noise
protocol extension to your software generator?

In particular I am interested in using Kyber, specifically in this way:

Noise_XXhfs_25519+Kyber_ChaChaPoly_Blake2b

where the usage of the "hfs" protocol modifier is described here:

https://github.com/noiseprotocol/noise_wiki/wiki/Hybrid-Forward-Secrecy

And one more thing; I'd like to repeat myself and say that Katzenpost is
essentially the only software in existence (that I know of) that uses a Noise protocol
with a PQ KEM in HFS mode. Yawning's fork of the flynn golang noise library is here:

https://github.com/katzenpost/noise

I'd like for us to not be the only software project doing this AND having your software
generator support PQ KEMs in HFS mode is a great way to solve this problem!

Best,
David