[noise] Python scripts for manipulating patterns

Rhys Weatherley rhys.weatherley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 22:58:40 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Trevor Perrin <trevp at trevp.net> wrote:

> Nice, looks like a good parsing setup.
>
> Also a good step towards a Python library, security analysis tool
> (e.g. generating "Security Property" tables), or code-generation tool.

I did start to write a "Security Properties" script but my brain melted at
reverse-engineering the sequence of tokens that leads to each of the 1-5
levels in the specification.  You might have better luck (I can send you
what I have so far which isn't much).  A deterministic set of token
classification rules for security properties would be nice.

> Code-gen would be particularly useful, Noise adopters so far are
> preferring simple "compiled" -code rather than general libraries.
>
> I feel like you could get pretty far just with per-language files
> containing some text templates, but I'm sure devil's in details...

I did think about that.  One "devil" is the back end crypto primitives -
the API's for those are all over the map with no consistency.  But if that
can be pushed off to a plug-in class/template, then it may be doable.

Cheers,

Rhys.