[noise] Website and Wiki updates

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Wed May 31 12:43:28 PDT 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 6:09 AM, Piotr Lizończyk
<piotr.lizonczyk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
> I think it's the right topic to chime in with this piece of information. I'm
> currently working on python3 implementation of
> Noise, using libsodium as backend, as a topic of my master thesis. It should
> be rev32 compatible. Most likely I'll be done within a month - and I'd love
> to get your feedback then.

Hi Piotr,

Welcome, that sounds great!

I've been wanting a Python lib, here's some thoughts you could consider:

 * Python's readability is great for reference implementations, i.e.
implementations that other developers port from, or look at to answer
questions.  So it would be ideal if the core logic was simple and
readable.

 * Python's ease of use lends itself to scripts and tools, and there's
a lot of tools we could use more of, e.g.
   - pattern generators
   - code generators
   - test vector generators
   - security properties / security proof generators

The wiki has some links to our current test vector tools, and some
(Python) pattern tools, but it would be great if your library was easy
to build additional tools with.