[messaging] Let's run a usability study (was Useability of public-key fingerprints)

Christine Corbett Moran corbett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 13 00:14:40 PDT 2014

I actually do prefer the monsters or unicorns > identicons

>From a usability perspective, making verifying fingerprints (collecting a
zoo of monsters or unicorns) isn't such a bad idea and having some
attachment to your personal fingerprint.

The only concern is I think any imagery may be more difficult to have
fidelity to the original fingerprint vs. something more algorithmic looking
such as the Identicon.

In that sense, if users are scared of "fingerprint" we could also call it
something like a "cryptographic avatar"

Christine