[messaging] Transparency for E2E encrypted messaging at a centralized service

Ben Laurie ben at links.org
Wed Mar 26 04:56:20 PDT 2014

On 26 March 2014 03:24, Joseph Bonneau <jbonneau at gmail.com> wrote:
> *The number of users may be much larger than the number of web domains (100
> M or more), with frequent updates, so running a transparency log is a huge
> task, potentially much bigger than CT.

An idea I had to mitigate that (actually for DNSSEC, but applies
equally well here) is to allow the global log to delegate to domains
that are particularly noisy/large, so they have to run their own logs.

BTW, should a scheme emerge for this, I would be very happy to
contemplate running a log for gmail.com.