[messaging] The Simple Thing

Tao Effect contact at taoeffect.com
Sat Sep 27 11:28:50 PDT 2014

On Sep 27, 2014, at 11:21 AM, micah <micah at riseup.net> wrote:

>> You install your blockchainmail client, and it tells you a made-up "raw"
>> address (bunch of base56), and you use an online exchange to buy some
>> NMC or whatever currency and send them to that address. This is the
>> hardest part, but more exchanges and better UIs on them is something
>> that will improve in time; it's a matter of building businesses, which
>> will happen if there's demand.
>
> Without going further, I think its clear that you have already passed
> the 'simple' point.

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who is clearing up the FUD being spread about blockchains here?

Alaric's description is not accurate.

1. You do not deal with "bunch of base56".
2. You do not buy NMC.
3. You do not go to exchanges.
4. You don't even need to use Namecoin, as that is not the only blockchain that is used for this purpose (you could use Nxt or Bitshares DNS (BDNS), both of which have DNSChain forks in development, with BDNS support coming very soon to the master branch of DNSChain).

I explained already how it would work here:

https://moderncrypto.org/mail-archive/messaging/2014/000869.html

You are free to reply to that email.

Kind regards,
Greg Slepak