[messaging] Peerio

zaki at manian.org zaki at manian.org
Wed Jan 14 15:17:28 PST 2015

Minilock salts the passphrase with your email address or phone number. Runs
the combo through 18? rounds of scrypt and then seeds a key. I think there
is a sha256 at the end of scrypt rounds.

Nadim has very well defined goals for client portability in the minilock
project that are not compatible with the client side state that would be
necessary for Forward Secrecy or a stronger salt.