[messaging] Secure OpenPGP Key Pair Synchronization via IMAP (RFC)

David Leon Gil coruus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 08:06:01 PDT 2015

Quite nice. I'd be inclined to support something like it. Strongly suggest,
however, that you specify either

- (1) some variant of Scrypt
- (2) one of the PHC R2 competitors Lyra2 or Catena.

If (1), I'd suggest Scrypt(hash=HChaCha20, kdf=Shake255)

I'll -- in the next couple of weeks -- be making available a PNaCl
implementation of this. It can also be implemented efficiently in JS,
though the only published correct implementation of Shake I know of
compiles coruus/keccak-tiny via Emscripten...

If (2), I'd suggest Lyra2(BlaCAL): it further increases hardware costs
(multipliers have a large gate count).

- David