[messaging] Encrypted Pulic Contact Discovery

steve at actor.im steve at actor.im
Wed Aug 19 10:47:00 PDT 2015

Hi Moxie,

I don't think that anything decentralized will scale on mobile at all. That's why we (https://actor.im) are focused on running servers that assist mobile environments and do all dirty work. Servers allow me to do various nice things like keeping my history, do processing of messages (like creating tasks from chat?). I haven't found a good solution for storing messages history (even in this mailing list) and for now best thing is to have your servers.

My article is mostly about server-to-server communications and not mobile-only.

Steve.