[messaging] Wickr Protocol Description

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 11:29:21 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Matt Corallo <moderncrypto at bluematt.me>
wrote:

> I can't claim to know the full history, but considering the ratcheting
> stuff is critical in the serverless world that TextSecure started in, I'd
> assume there is no non-Axolotl TextSecure.

I ask specifically because the OWS blog post I linked makes no mention of
Axolotl/ratcheting:

https://whispersystems.org/blog/asynchronous-security/

It does mention pre-keys though, and that was what I meant in my original
comment. Perhaps they were working on Axolotl at the time and just didn't
mention it in this post.

I would definitely agree that Wickr's protocol is not as advanced as what's
available in e.g. Signal today.

If anyone from OWS knows the history here, I'd be curious.

--
Tony Arcieri