[messaging] MITM-safe communication w/o authentication possible?

U.Mutlu for-gmane at mutluit.com
Sun Nov 29 13:31:34 PST 2015

Tony Arcieri wrote on 11/29/2015 09:49 PM:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 1:32 PM, U.Mutlu <for-gmane at mutluit.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know of such a protocol, info, papers etc.?
>

> Something like that was the original goal of SPKI/SDSI:
>
> http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.44.7130&rep=rep1&type=pdf
>
> Not quite sure that's what you have in mind though.

Thx, I quickly browsed over the paper, but it seems to use PKI or creating
user groups.

I'm looking for a MITM-safe protocol without using a priori shared
secrets like password or PKI, and no need to authenticate the participants
as anybody shall be permitted to make contact; just the channel created
over the internet between the endpoints shall be MITM-safe.

--
U.Mutlu