[messaging] Mesh/Recrypt

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Sun Aug 28 17:59:47 PDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 07:48:33PM -0700, Tony Arcieri wrote:
>As far as an ECC-based approach goes, I think something like the multiparty
>Signal protocol[1] is a good starting point for how to solve the general

[snip]

>[1] I'm not sure there's a more recent overview than this, which is
>probably out-of-date: https://whispersystems.org/blog/private-groups/

Based on a bit of experimenting with the various language
implementations of libsignal, I'm pretty sure Signal group messages
don't do the encrypt-to-each-recipient thing anymore.  But I haven't
tried to interoperate with or even study the mainline client, so it's
possible I'm missing something.

-andy