[messaging] Ronion anonymous routing protocol framework

Nazar Mokrynskyi nazar at mokrynskyi.com
Thu Oct 12 11:34:52 PDT 2017

Could you clarify what are Tor knockoffs? Haven't heard about it before and can't find anything useful with these keywords myself.

> You cannot use a stream cipher for onion encryption in most mix networks
> designs, only a wide-block cipher like AEZ, Lioness (too slow), or most
> likely the up-coming HHFHFHFH.
I've not explored mix networks too much, so my understanding is limited, could you give some links where I can read why?

Just to give a bit more context, I'm going to build a network that will only have something similar to Tor's hidden services, namely all of the traffic will be inside of the network.

Also bandwidth requirements are expected to be very low and while latency requirements are quite high (only occasionally), it is not critical if there would be several seconds delay sometimes.

Sincerely, Nazar Mokrynskyi
github.com/nazar-pc