[messaging] Ronion anonymous routing protocol framework

Nazar Mokrynskyi nazar at mokrynskyi.com
Fri Oct 13 10:23:25 PDT 2017

> Your understanding is incorrect. Tor is *very* general purpose...
> I mean... come on, it transports any stream. What is specific about that?
>From user perspective yes, I completely agree, but I was talking about implementation: cells format, commands, etc.
Ronion has less commands in its spec and separates itself from some higher level features allowing more flexibility there.

> Your are proposing that Tor Project do what exactly? Rewrite Tor to use a library
> that performs onion routing? I like this idea but it's not going to happen any time soon.
At the moment I'm not proposing anything, I'm just evaluating whether it would be possible.

> Although, I would think that there better be a compelling reason
> to use a hella slow link layer for a mix network... where a noise based link
> layer that is actually fast and efficient would do.
Not really sure what do you mean here.

Sincerely, Nazar Mokrynskyi
github.com/nazar-pc