[messaging] Ronion anonymous routing protocol framework

Jeff Burdges burdges at gnunet.org
Sat Oct 14 02:08:11 PDT 2017

On Sat, 2017-10-14 at 05:53 +0200, Jeff Burdges wrote:
> If you do not use AEZ, then one can produce cryptographic proof of a
> hidden service's identity:  Just Run a hidden service guard that xors
> a pattern into the data.  And run a receiver that recognizes that
> pattern.

Actually, I suppose you can run the pattern across cells even with the
wide-block cipher, so it works on all circuit based schemes with
malleability, although the wide block cipher makes it easier.

In short, hidden services lack full bitwise unlinkability in any circuit
based anonymity tool like Tor.

Jeff