[messaging] Testing skillshare at Circumvention Tech Fest

Gillian "Gus" Andrews gus at openitp.org
Fri Jan 30 10:09:28 PST 2015

Hi everyone,

Sometime-lurker, first-time-poster Gus here -- I do usability work at
the Open Internet Tools Project. Sorry for potential cross-posts.

Ox from the Lantern Project is offering to run a skillshare on QA
testing at CTF ( http://circumventionfestival.org/
 ) -- see his description below. Hope you can participate -- please
respond to him!

If anyone is additionally interested in working on design/UX or
translation/localization in Valencia, let me know, as I'm helping
organize some of that.

Cheers,
Gus

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 20:45:31 -0600
From: Ox Cart <ox at getlantern.org>
To: "dev at lists.openitp.org" <dev at lists.openitp.org>
Subject: [OpenITP Dev] Gauging Interest in a Test Automation Workshop
    at CTF    in Valencia

We're considering organizing a test automation workshop for the
Circumvention Technology Festival in Valencia this coming March.  The idea
behind the workshop would be for implementors to share tools and techniques
to help projects get started with test automation at minimal cost.  We're
looking to gauge whether there's a strong interest in this amongst people
who will be attending CTF.  To that end, if you're planning to attend CTF,
I'd be much obliged if you'd respond to the following questions:

1. Would you attend this workshop?

2. Is your goal to add automated testing to a project that doesn't
currently have it, or to improve the automated testing that you're already
doing?

3. If you don't currently do automated testing, is it because you perceive
it as being too costly, you're not clear of the value, you don't know how
to get started, or something else? If something else, what?

4. What is it that you're most interested in testing, user interface,
back-end logic, or something else? If something else, what?

5. Are you interested in learning general techniques for designing
automated tests, specific tools and technologies for testing, or both?

6. If you're already comfortable with your project's test automation, would
you be interested in attending the workshop to share what you know?

Cheers,
Ox

- - --
Gillian "Gus" Andrews
Senior Program Associate, Secure User Practices
Open Internet Tools Project
openitp.org